Friday, April 25, 2008

Pacific Northwest

Seattle was awesome, I love it a lot. It's such a pleasant city, very beautiful just like San Francisco, yet I like the fact that it's even more easy going, low profile and subtle. Also, it'd an encouraging art/ architecture scene.

Thank you Bertha for being my host. I enjoyed speding time with her, it reminded me the fun times we'd when we were little. It's nice that we'd the entire week to catch up. Even we've quite oppositing personalities.

I met Bertha's friend Kai Ki, who's a structural engineer. He drove me around the city, showed me his projects and told me a lot about the build environment in Seattle. He's very knowledgeable and I love the fact that he understood my indifferent "architect" way of thinking.

And last but not least, I'm so glad to meet up with my ex-co-worker Maaike. She's working at an awesome firm in Capital Hills. I'm so glad that we got the chance to go for a lecture and dinner afterward.

If the weather is like Los Angeles, I think I want to move to Seattle. Even it can't compare, I kind of want to move there too. May be after finishing graduate school. It's a liviable city, I don't need a car and I think I'll be able to buy a house or even build my own there. That sounds exciting enough! But too soon to tell.

I miss Seattle. But I'm glad to be back at work (and because I have a career that I love and I can look forward). I started to miss my project towards the end of my trip. Also, the weather in Southern California is hard to beat.

No comments: