Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Architecture for the Community

One more thing about the Seattle trip, I'm recharged and kind of got out of the struggle I'd in the past several months.

Life is beautiful, how did I forget that?

But seeing many cultural and public architecture and that conversation reminded me why I got into architecture and the real purpose of it. Why I'm spending my energy and efford to design mansions for the millionaries? Architecture isn't just for the rich. I want to do more for the community and society.

I'm looking into Habitat for Humanity and Architecture for Humanity in my area. I feel like I've the responsility to use my knowledge to do my part.

Now I think about it, I've a lot I want to do. I've a burden to do something about the gentrification problem in Hong Kong. Can I?

No comments: