Saturday, December 29, 2007

"Y2K7" in Review

It's almost the end of the year. Just two more days! So it's time to stop and look back what I did the past year.

"Y2K7" was quite a simple year. Nothing big and surprise but it's composed of small moments and memories.

I was working on construction administration most of the time this year. I definitely learnt a lot about construction methods and managing a project during construction. It might not be fun as schemetic design or design development, but it's like working behind the stage, each decision and detail could affect the final result. That's what interest me the most. Like I always believe, "I don't need to be famous, I just need to do my part and contribute to the society in a different aspect".

Over the course of this year, I gained a lot more loads and responsibilties.I became more comfortable and proficient dealing with people outside my team.

First time since I chose architecture, the thought of leaving the architecture profession appears in mind. It truly flightened me. I went throught a week of struggle, cried, came to my project manager for help, calmed down, crawl in my bed and wrote down my thoughts, etc.

My health wasn't quite healthy towards the end of the year. Around November, I fainted and became unconscious while I was at a job site one day. My co-workers called the ambulance and sent me to the hospital. Then the last few days, I caught a cold and still haven't recovered yet.

One thing I learnt in "Y2K7" was to let go. When you get older, you trend to see and understand life differently. I am hard to deal with but that's who I am! I just want to live my own life and do whatever I want.

No comments: