Friday, February 08, 2008

Not in the Kindergarten Anymore

I love architecture, but it's driving me nuts at the same time.

What's wrong with me? How come I am so tired? Is it because I can't handle dealing with problems I can't solve? Or it's because of Rob isn't around at most time?

Architecture isn't the same as few years ago, at the time I just graduated. I must agree the first several years was the happiest, it's like the kindergarten stage of the architecture profession. Architecture was fun and straight forward. Now I do know more, good or bad, therefore I have a lot more considerations. I am not as carefree as before. Even more important is that I know my decision affects the cost and schedule. I need to consider them in a professional aspect. I know I still can pretend I don't understand or don't know about it, leaving these responsibilities to Rob. But that's just not so right, I know a lot more than before and I should try my best to solve the problem rather than passing onto someone else.

I think I'll be fine, even I am struggling at the moment. Once I walk through it, I'll have more expenience and stronger than ever.

No comments: